Easy Pinto Pizza (Semi-Raw, *Vedic Option)

There are those days when I plan ahead and make fancy-shmancy raw food and dehydrate it for many hours and enjoy it at some time in the future.  Perfectly planned out and executed.  And then there are the other 300-something days of the year when I'm rushing from one thing to the next and I come home hungry, tired, and I want food NOW! Cheese, beans, tomatoes, salsa and tortillas had long been a staple quick meal for me.  I mean c'mon, all that stuff can live in the freezer, pantry, and fridge for extended periods, just waiting to save the day! But, I'm trying to eat healthier now, dang it!  And also with less cruelty! That means no more cheese.  BUT BUT BUT, I'm also still impatient and frequently so hungry by the time I get home, I could eat my own arm...so what am I to do?
Ladies and gents, I present to thee the Pinto Pizza: avocado, fresh beans and tomato on a sprouted wheat tortilla crust and topped with my Raw Sour Cream Sauce and some salsa, YUM!
With only slightly more effort, this can be in your mouth...in less than 10 minutes!
Normally, these sprouted grain tortillas suck for everything you would normally use a tortilla for.  You can't fold 'em or they break apart! As an easy pizza crust, however, they are MAGICAL! I just keep them in the freezer.  They stand up to all those toppings and you can eat it like a thin crust pizza...no flopping over.  Proof's in the pudding:

Perfectly crisp, I love it!
Here's me eating a slice! It totally holds up no problemo!

I'm not going to lie, this sauce is not a "cheeze" because for those of us who love real cheese, there simply is no substitute.  It's also not like real sour cream (in consistency).  I hate being lured in with promises of similar flavors and textures, so I'm not sugar coating this y'all: it's not the same, but it is delicious and, most importantly, satisfying and quick.  This sour cream sauce really hits the spot when you have a "creamy craving," plus it has a nice tang to it from the lime juice (similar to the creamy, yet tangy notes provided by real sour cream).  For a sharp cheddar flavor, add a tiny bit of yellow mustard.

For the pic above, I made it pretty with a nice, modest drizzle of sauce, but this is how it actually looks when I eat it: totally smothered in salsa and sauce:

Easy Pinto Pizza (Servings 1-2)

Ingredients:
1 Sprouted Grain Tortilla (toasted) --I use Ezekiel brand
1 cup cooked pinto beans (homemade or half of a can)
1 medium tomato
1 handful of cilantro, chopped
*1 handful of green onion, sliced (*omit if making Vedic)
1 ripe avocado (smashed)
1/2 cup Raw Sour Cream Sauce
1/4 cup fave salsa (any kind)
>Optional: Minced garlic, lime, salt and dash of hing in avo; Sriracha Sauce; sliced bell pep's; a different kind of beans, like black beans

Directions:
  1. Toast tortilla in toaster oven (or regular oven @ 400 degs ~3-5 mins) until crisp and no longer floppy.
  2. Smash avodaco in small bowl (optional: add lime juice, pinch of salt, minced garlic or dash of hing) and spread onto toasted crust.
  3. Heat beans up in a pan, or use straight from the can and don't heat.  To jazz up the beans, add a few dashes of Bragg's or soy sauce and a dash of hing (or garlic pwd).
  4. Slice tomato thinly and place on top of beans
  5. Drizzle Sour Cream Sauce and salsa on top
  6. Top with fresh herbs (onions and cilantro)
  7. Slice into 4 sections for best "holdability"

Comments